In “The Leader’s Brain,” Dr. Michael Platt Explores How Neuroscience Can Help Readers Make Better Decisions, Build Stronger Teams, Inspire Greater Innovation and Become Better Leaders. Platt is the Founder of the Wharton Neuroscience Initiative, an AIIR Partner.
Can neuroscientists build a better leader? In his new book, “The Leader’s Brain: Enhance Your Leadership, Build Stronger Teams, Make Better Decisions, and Inspire Greater Innovation with Neuroscience,” pioneering neuroscientist and Wharton Neuroscience Initiative founder Dr. Michael Platt presents evidence that they can.
The Wharton Neuroscience Initiative leverages the unmatched intellectual and technological resources across The Wharton School and The University of Pennsylvania to advance our understanding of the human mind to improve business and enhance leadership development. Through its partnership with the Wharton Neuroscience Initiative, AIIR stands alone in its ability to collaborate with world-leading neuroscientists, to explore the biological processes that underpin how leaders manage themselves, how they manage others, and how they make decisions, and to develop cutting-edge solutions capable of developing the dynamic leaders the future will require.
In “The Leader’s Brain,” Dr. Platt condenses decades of research in neuroscience, psychology, and business into accessible, actionable insights into what’s going on in your team’s brains when they are working together, how to deliver a message in a way that ensures others hear you, how to encourage greater creativity and innovation, and more. He explains:
- Why two managers will make different decisions when presented with the same information
- Why some brands build strong connections with their customers while others don’t
- Why even the most visionary business leaders make disastrous decisions
“Leaders who seek to continuously improve will find a wellspring of both innovative and practical advice here,” said AIIR CEO Dr. Jonathan Kirschner. “‘The Leader’s Brain’ offers a rare window into the neurobiological levers for performance, that, when activated effectively, can be the difference between leadership effectiveness or derailment, organizational success or demise.”
Want to learn more? Order your copy of "The Leader's Brain."
- Dynamic Leadership: Delivering on the Impossible Demands of the New Next - October 26, 2020
- Can Neuroscientists Build a Better Leader? In New Book, the Founder of AIIR’s Partner, the Wharton Neuroscience Initiative, Shows How - October 12, 2020
- 21 Shocking Statistics on the State of Succession Planning - August 24, 2020